Thursday, January 14, 2010

Magazine Sketch

This is a magazine cover sketch made to show my love and passion for the sport. This is the sketch i made using pen on glossy paper. The text ideas i used on the page came to me from other snowboarder magazines i have read. The title, "Superfly" was a nickname given to me from a friend.
At first, i imagined the format of the magazine similar to that of the magazine "The Rolling Stone". I spent large amounts of time researching the font used in both the Rolling Stone and Snowboarder Magazine.
To show the true character of a snowboarder, the words and title of articles were developed by me.
The colors shown here are not the same as the colors on the final since it has gone under edits and re-developing. Since the draft, I have created new ideas and deleted some ideas i came up with from the start. Look on my blog for my new and improved magazine cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment